Massachusetts Program Information
The Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) welcomes you to the Massachusetts Metrc webpage. Massachusetts’ licensees must utilize the seed-to-sale system to track all marijuana products being cultivated, manufactured, transported, tested, and sold in the Commonwealth.
This portal contains important resources, training, and updates for Marijuana Establishments and their agents. The information and tools provided by Metrc are critical in ensuring that your establishment remains in compliance with the laws and regulations of the state of Massachusetts and the CCC.
We look forward to working with you to ensure a safe, equitable, and effectively run adult use marijuana industry.
The Massachusetts work shops presentation can be downloaded here.
Q: Does Metrc LLC have any experience in this industry?
A: Metrc LLC provides marijuana inventory tracking solutions for ten different states and the District of Columbia and has been providing supply chain solutions since 1993.
Q: Do I need to purchase any additional hardware such as computers, bar-code readers or RFID readers.
A: Metrc is a completely web-hosted system. That means that all access to Metrc is done via the internet and only requires an internet connection and a web browser. No additional hardware is required. Also, there is no software to download, install, or maintain.
Q: Will other licensees be able to see my inventory information in Metrc?
A: No. Licensees will only be able to access their own information through Metrc. They will not be able see any information about any other licensee.
Q: What if I have technical issues after the system has deployed?
A: Metrc LLC has a dedicated team of support staff who will be available to resolve any technical support issues. The support desk can be contacted via phone or email.
Integration & API
The Massachusetts sandbox will be made available shortly after the training webinar.
1. Request API developers documents and complete the information requested and email to .
Company Phone Number
Primary Contact Name
Primary Contact Email
Primary Contact Phone Number
Secondary Contact Name
Secondary Contact Email
Secondary Contact Phone Number
Name of Software
2. Attend a Metrc training class and complete the test.
3. Download, sign and return the API Use Agreement to https://masscannabiscontrol.com/applicants-licensees/api-agreement/. This must be signed by a person with signature authority within the company, such as an Officer.
4. Once Metrc receives approval for the API User Agreement, a test vendor API key for the sandbox will be generated.
5. Complete Capability Assessment in the sandbox. A document of the functionality assessment criteria will be provided to you when you submit your request. Requests should be submitted after completion of the Metrc training, not prior.
After these steps are complete and the evaluation is validated, Metrc LLC will issue a production vendor API key. When Metrc sends your production vendor API key, we will also ask for your company and contact information to add it to the Validated Integrator List.